The holidays are here! Over the next days and weeks we’ll be gathering with family and friends.
Now is the time.
The time to share your wishes.
The time to ask a loved one their wishes.
The time to share your stories.
The time to ask a loved one about their stories.
The time to tell a loved one one wish.
The time to ask a loved one one wish.
WHAT?!? That’s morbid. I’m not going to talk about this stuff.
But, I ask, why wait? Why not NOW?
You won’t know what a gift it is, until it’s late.
Give the gift of peace to your loved ones.
You ask, “But how?”
Here are a couple of conversation starters…
- I’ve been reading this book, Missing Pieces Plan and the author stresses the importance of getting our “affairs in order” to leave a legacy, not a mess. And, to communicate my “wishes” to give peace of mind. I want to give you that gift so, here are a few of mine…
- Hey, I’ve been thinking about what I want when I die. Can I share it with you?
- Taking the burden off of you for planning my funeral is important to me. I want you to know my wishes.
- I don’t want to leave things a mess for you when I am gone. I want you to know where my important documents are…
- I’m putting pieces together for my end of life plan – is there anything you would like to know? Are there heirlooms that are important to you?
The magnitude of sharing just one wish for your end of life plan is far reaching.
We won’t be here to experience this gift we’ve given our loved ones. But, we can delight in giving them the gift now. We can settle into the feeling of peace of mind. We can feel the comfort we will be giving – even when our physical bodies are no longer here.
Now is the time.
Share just one wish, one stories, one want. Start the conversation. It’ll be a priceless gift.
Sending love and blessings for the happiest of holidays!